On the 9th of July it was announced, via ICV2, that Cindy Fournier, Vice President of Operations for Diamond Comic Distributors and one of the most senior and long standing figures in the comics industry had stepped down from her job due to “philosophical differences”. But that she would “continue to work with Diamond in an advisory capacity for the foreseeable future”.
Which is usually a euphemism for not doing anything of the sort, contractual obligations and not available to be hired by anyone else for a while.
As a result, Vice President of Purchasing John Wurzer took her role and Director of Purchasing Tim Lenaghan was promoted to Executive Director of Purchasing.
Cindy was recently awarded a ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award for her work with comic book retailers. Wat are the implications? More on that shortly, at Bleeding Cool.
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018