On the 9th of July it was announced, via ICV2, that Cindy Fournier, Vice President of Operations for Diamond Comic Distributors and one of the most senior and long standing figures in the comics industry had stepped down from her job due to “philosophical differences”. But that she would “continue to work with Diamond in an advisory capacity for the foreseeable future”.
Which is usually a euphemism for not doing anything of the sort, contractual obligations and not available to be hired by anyone else for a while.
As a result, Vice President of Purchasing John Wurzer took her role and Director of Purchasing Tim Lenaghan was promoted to Executive Director of Purchasing.
Cindy was recently awarded a ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award for her work with comic book retailers. Wat are the implications? More on that shortly, at Bleeding Cool.
- The Daily LITG – 19th October 2018 – Happy Birthday Jim Starlin - October 19, 2018
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018