On the 9th of July it was announced, via ICV2, that Cindy Fournier, Vice President of Operations for Diamond Comic Distributors and one of the most senior and long standing figures in the comics industry had stepped down from her job due to “philosophical differences”. But that she would “continue to work with Diamond in an advisory capacity for the foreseeable future”.
Which is usually a euphemism for not doing anything of the sort, contractual obligations and not available to be hired by anyone else for a while.
As a result, Vice President of Purchasing John Wurzer took her role and Director of Purchasing Tim Lenaghan was promoted to Executive Director of Purchasing.
Cindy was recently awarded a ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award for her work with comic book retailers. Wat are the implications? More on that shortly, at Bleeding Cool.
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018