On the 9th of July it was announced, via ICV2, that Cindy Fournier, Vice President of Operations for Diamond Comic Distributors and one of the most senior and long standing figures in the comics industry had stepped down from her job due to “philosophical differences”. But that she would “continue to work with Diamond in an advisory capacity for the foreseeable future”.
Which is usually a euphemism for not doing anything of the sort, contractual obligations and not available to be hired by anyone else for a while.
As a result, Vice President of Purchasing John Wurzer took her role and Director of Purchasing Tim Lenaghan was promoted to Executive Director of Purchasing.
Cindy was recently awarded a ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award for her work with comic book retailers. Wat are the implications? More on that shortly, at Bleeding Cool.
- Ron Lim to Join Tini Howard and Chris Sprouse on Captain America Annual #1 - August 16, 2018
- Did You Remember the Town of Lago from Astonishing X-Men Annual #1? - August 16, 2018
- Keith Allen Begins Rehearsals for Hogarth Double Bill Stage Play in Kingston - August 16, 2018
- Uber: Invasion and Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press November 2018 Solicits - August 16, 2018
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018