This is how we first met Jonathan Carroll, in Superman #1, after the New 52 reboot. Lois Lane’s boyfriend. As well as confirmation that Lois and Clark had never even gotten close in this reboot. Not like that, anyway.
And so Carroll would turn up up every now and then. It would be ten months until his second appearance in Superman #11.
Only in Superman comic books written by Scott Lobdell – and then the two issues of Andy Diggle’s aborted run on the Action Comics (when he tried unsuccessfully to removes Superman’s hand). Other writers would simply ignore his existence.
And in the upcoming Superman #43, he wakes up naked in Lois’ bed (with a deformed left hand – did Diggle get his way?). No sign of Jonathan.
And when talking about their respective partners…
…is that really what you would say of your partner of months that the other knows about? And when the hell did the almost-falling-in-love happen?
I think Jonathan’s last appearance was in Superman #29 with this scene… could he have taken Lois’ psychic order a little too literally… and forgotten the whole thing with Lois?
And has she now moved on? And what exactly did she do with Jonathan? Bury him under the patio?
A lead-lined patio…
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018