This is how we first met Jonathan Carroll, in Superman #1, after the New 52 reboot. Lois Lane’s boyfriend. As well as confirmation that Lois and Clark had never even gotten close in this reboot. Not like that, anyway.
And so Carroll would turn up up every now and then. It would be ten months until his second appearance in Superman #11.
Only in Superman comic books written by Scott Lobdell – and then the two issues of Andy Diggle’s aborted run on the Action Comics (when he tried unsuccessfully to removes Superman’s hand). Other writers would simply ignore his existence.
And in the upcoming Superman #43, he wakes up naked in Lois’ bed (with a deformed left hand – did Diggle get his way?). No sign of Jonathan.
And when talking about their respective partners…
…is that really what you would say of your partner of months that the other knows about? And when the hell did the almost-falling-in-love happen?
I think Jonathan’s last appearance was in Superman #29 with this scene… could he have taken Lois’ psychic order a little too literally… and forgotten the whole thing with Lois?
And has she now moved on? And what exactly did she do with Jonathan? Bury him under the patio?
A lead-lined patio…
- Marvel September 2018 Solicits Launch Return Of Wolverine, Franklin Richards, Thanos Legacy, Asgardians and Iceman - June 19, 2018
- Full Image Comics September 2018 Solicitations – Launching Bully Wars, Man-Eaters, MCMLXXV, Burnouts, Cemetery Beach and OGNs Green Monk, HCHOM, Me The People and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies - June 19, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Twist Was Not Marc Guggenheim’s Idea (SPOILERS) - June 19, 2018
- Exclusive: Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel - June 19, 2018
- Marvel, DC and Others Persuade Comic Stores to Put Spinner Racks in Other Businesses - June 19, 2018