Dynamite was recently advertising a couple editorial positions and I know they got quite a few candidates applying. Sure it sounds like a glamorous job… but getting writer and artists to turn in stuff on time is a lot like trying to get your cat to not knock stuff off the table. Another part of the job that is rarely talked about is the ability to read someone else’s mind. Take the upcoming issue of Swords of Sorrow: Red Sonja / Jungle Girl #2. Now Mirka Andolfo is a wonderful artist. But an artist does rough layouts to show the editor what they have in mind… and the editor is supposed to interrupt those very rough images and make sure it tells the story that the writer has on the page. Here are Andolfo’s roughs for the first few pages. And I swear these are far clearer than some I have seen over the years.
You have to be very talented to be an editor in this industry.
For more information on Swords of Sorrow: Red Sonja / Jungle Girl #2, click here.
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018