The Bleed is a weekly podcast by Bleeding Cool contributors Joe Schmidt and Sam Morse. The podcast consists of the latest news in comics, creator interviews, and a weekly book club discussion.
It’s time to welcome the unsung hero of comic book creative teams: the Letterer.
And this week we’re bringing on letterer extraordinaire, Ryan Ferrier! (It doesn’t hurt that he also writes kick-ass comics, including D4VE and the upcoming D4VE2 from IDW.)
Ferrier spoke on the Bleed podcast about how he broke into the business, how the role of the letterer compares to that of a film editor, and how lettering his own comics benefits his writing style.
But that’s not all, because he also brought the original work from Norwegian cartoonist Jason, the poignant graphic novel Hey, Wait…
Ed Brisson joins the podcast next week to discuss how he was inspired by the seminal Spidey story, Kraven’s Last Hunt! We’ll also discuss his work on books like The Mantle, Sheltered, and Cluster! (Plus, this guy letters comics, too! WAHOO!)
Check out the Bleed’s Archives for more episodes.
- My Little Pony’s Katie Cook And Sara Richard Read Archie – The Bleed Episode 51 - October 2, 2015
- My Little Pony’s Agnes Garbowska, Brenda Hickey & Christina Rice Read Jem And The Holograms: The Bleed Episode 50 - September 25, 2015
- We Can Never Go Home’s Josh Hood Reads Lumberjanes: The Bleed Episode 49 - September 11, 2015
- Dean Haspiel Reads Jack Kirby’s OMAC: The Bleed Episode 48 - September 4, 2015
- Ed Brisson Reads Kraven’s Last Hunt: The Bleed Episode 47 - August 28, 2015