Screencrush came into possession of some behind-the-scenes video from the set of Star Trek Beyond which is currently in production. The video is now unavailable, but they’ve been nice enough to create a series of gifs and a photoset revealing what might be the best Starfleet uniforms since the 1982 redesign for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Pictured here, Chris Pine wears a smart looking gray jacket, pants and boots ensemble. The jacket features the Starfleet logo and sharp gold accents on the shoulders denoting his command position. I imagine this is some sort of field gear as Simon Pegg‘s Scotty can also seen sporting the usual crew shirt from the classic series and the previous reboot films.
The current series, initiated by J.J. Abrams, has always played around with a variety of uniforms for the crew of the Enterprise, a notion that originates in the field jackets seen in the first Star Trek pilot, “The Cage.” It definitely makes sense as actual militaries utilize a variety of purpose-first clothing options, but the budget-conscious TV shows and films began a convention of one all-purpose uniform.
Star Trek Beyond is directed by Justin Lin and continues the rebooted adventures of Chris Pine as Captain Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock. Newcomers to the cast include Idris Elba as the crew’s new foe and Sofia Boutella as a new alien character glimpsed in the setpics. It’s currently set for release on July 8th, 2016 and may finally start a widespread fashion trend.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016