Here are the comics published within the last thirty-odd years that have been burning up the top of the charts and selling between $200 and $300. All raw copies, no slabbing here, no variant covers, no convention exclusives, no hardcovers, no TPBs, no artificial collectibility, just the standard books that, if you have them in your collection, could pay your rent for a few months. Data taken from successful sales on eBay.
Preacher #1 – $285 – another jump based on the upcoming HBO TV show.
Deathzone! – $271 – Michel Fiffe’ small press take on Suicide Dquad beats out all his Copra volumes.
Walking Dead #3 – $270
Walking Dead #19 – $256
NYX #3 – $255 – first appearance of X-23, about to be the all-new all-different Wolverine.
Elseworlds 80 Page Giant – $234 – the pulped comic book, featuring Kyle Baker’s Superbaby and Ty Templeton‘s Adam West and Eve.
Preacher Preview – $225 – hard to find in decent condition for this tiny thin slip of a preview.
What If Venom Possessed Deadpool #1 $224 – no one ordered enough of this Skottie Young gem. Hence…
Harbinger #1 – $215 – with its coupon, te upcoming movie has just made this nineties collectible foundation for the Valiant Universe even more collectible.
Slow Jams #1 – $200 – the work of now-multi-millionaire David Choe. He did much better for painting the walls of Facebook.
Batman: Harley Quinn – $200. So much love for this woman. Her first DCU appearance in this one shot.
The Goon #1 – $200. The Avatar edition, still selling for huge amounts.
- Firefly #1 from Boom! Studios Gets a Big Box Variant - August 20, 2018
- Declan Shalvey Takes Over Return of Wolverine from Steve McNiven, Designs a New Costume - August 20, 2018
- Can You Ghostwrite a Light-Hearted Book About Plane Hijacking and Being a Refugee? - August 20, 2018
- Blackbird by Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel Ties Returnability to The Wicked + The Divine - August 20, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics November 2018 Solicitations - August 20, 2018