When I bumped into De Campi at San Diego Comic Con, she told me that upcoming issues of the Grindhouse: Drive In Bleed Out with John Lucas and Ryan Hill were basically, porngraphy. It was a light hearted comment but, it seems, there is some truth in it.
Issue 7 has seen its ratings code upped from M for Mature Readers to A for Adults Only, and will arrive in stores sealed in a polybag.
As long as those stores aren’t in Canada.
I am told upcoming issues will no longer be distributed to Canada by Diamond Comic Distribution, the exclusive print distributor of Dark Horse titles. Canadian Customs have been very strict about such matters of late, and their intervention can prevent large scale distrubution of other comics that ship alongside them as well.
I have been told however, that this will not affect UK stores, who, I understand, have a greater propensity to order this series.
So expect a) a bump in interest from everyone b) a spur in subdistrubution from stores to Canada, and people picking up comics from friends and c) a bump in digital sales too.
And Canadians? Maybe try Amazon. You never know…
- Stranger Things Takes Over Loot Crate Ahead Of Season 2, Starting With A J Salvador Diorama - September 21, 2017
- Action Comics #988 Preview: Superman’s Daddy Issues - September 21, 2017
- Alex Ross Posts New Fantastic Four Cover – And Then Deletes It - September 21, 2017
- Thought Bubble Debut: PM Buchan’s Horror-Comedy Anthology ‘Hangover’ - September 21, 2017
- Mark Waid To Have A “Civil Conversation” With Diversity & Comics After Baltimore Comic-Con - September 21, 2017