When I bumped into De Campi at San Diego Comic Con, she told me that upcoming issues of the Grindhouse: Drive In Bleed Out with John Lucas and Ryan Hill were basically, porngraphy. It was a light hearted comment but, it seems, there is some truth in it.
Issue 7 has seen its ratings code upped from M for Mature Readers to A for Adults Only, and will arrive in stores sealed in a polybag.
As long as those stores aren’t in Canada.
I am told upcoming issues will no longer be distributed to Canada by Diamond Comic Distribution, the exclusive print distributor of Dark Horse titles. Canadian Customs have been very strict about such matters of late, and their intervention can prevent large scale distrubution of other comics that ship alongside them as well.
I have been told however, that this will not affect UK stores, who, I understand, have a greater propensity to order this series.
So expect a) a bump in interest from everyone b) a spur in subdistrubution from stores to Canada, and people picking up comics from friends and c) a bump in digital sales too.
And Canadians? Maybe try Amazon. You never know…
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018
- Diamond Drops Prices of DC Comics Collections in the UK - March 17, 2018