When I bumped into De Campi at San Diego Comic Con, she told me that upcoming issues of the Grindhouse: Drive In Bleed Out with John Lucas and Ryan Hill were basically, porngraphy. It was a light hearted comment but, it seems, there is some truth in it.
Issue 7 has seen its ratings code upped from M for Mature Readers to A for Adults Only, and will arrive in stores sealed in a polybag.
As long as those stores aren’t in Canada.
I am told upcoming issues will no longer be distributed to Canada by Diamond Comic Distribution, the exclusive print distributor of Dark Horse titles. Canadian Customs have been very strict about such matters of late, and their intervention can prevent large scale distrubution of other comics that ship alongside them as well.
I have been told however, that this will not affect UK stores, who, I understand, have a greater propensity to order this series.
So expect a) a bump in interest from everyone b) a spur in subdistrubution from stores to Canada, and people picking up comics from friends and c) a bump in digital sales too.
And Canadians? Maybe try Amazon. You never know…
- Dark Nights: Metal To Get Exclusive Retailer Variants - May 25, 2017
- Redneck #1 Goes To Third Printing, Girl Scouts #1 Redneck #2 And Plastic #2 Go To Second Prints - May 25, 2017
- Will Marvel Or DC Comics Snap Up Donny Cates? - May 25, 2017
- Bryan Hitch To Write And Draw Extra-Sized Justice League #25 – And From #32 Onwards - May 25, 2017
- A Few DC Comics Covers For June, From Frank Cho, Mike Grell, Amanda Conner, Tim Sale And More - May 25, 2017