IDW has announced two new Star Trek project for 2015.
This October will see the release of Star Trek #50. Mike Johnson writes this special anniversary issue that kicks off a three-part adventure that will introduce the classic “Mirror/Mirror” storyline into the new film-based universe. Issue #50 will also include behind-the-scenes looks at the entire 50-issue run, along with hints about where the series is going. It will ship with a wraparound cover by series artist Tony Shasteen.
In December we will see Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. The comic follows Kirk, Spock, Uhura and some surprise faces while they are still cadets-in-training at Starfleet Academy, set in the period just prior to the opening of the 2009 film. At the same time, you’ll meet the all-new “current day” class of Starfleet cadets, full of compelling young characters from all over the galaxy. The past and the present collide when a mystery bridges the two timelines. This series is written by Mike Johnson and Ryan Parrot, with art by Derek Charm.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018