The other day, we learnt that PewDiePie makes a reported 7.5 million a year from his Let’s Play business. This has set the internet alight with a lot of people bemoaning the fact that he gets paid so much to shout about video games on YouTube.
He has now responded with his own video, where he talks quite earnestly about the money he earns and how frankly, he doesn’t think it is important. He doesn’t overtly defend himself, but he also seems to understand the situation and a grounded head on his shoulders. Take a look:
I essentially don’t care about the money PewDiePie makes. He’s not for me, but he exists in a capitalist world where the market dictates value. I really don’t get the sense that he does this for the money and his charity work is extensive too. Sure, you can be annoyed at his work, but coming after his money seems a tad silly.
- Remedy Entertainment’s Next Game Set to Release Next Year - February 19, 2018
- Guilty Gear Creator Says Next Game Will Reduce Complex Systems to Attract New Players - February 19, 2018
- Developer Plans for Rainbow Six Siege to Run For 10 Years With No Sequels - February 19, 2018
- You Can Check Out the Contents of Far Cry 5’s Special Editions With These Fake Shopping Channel Shows - February 16, 2018
- Fe Gets a Launch Trailer to Celebrate its Release - February 16, 2018