The Hollywood Reporter has the PR… Jim Starlin is to return to writing and drawing eighties classic sci-fi comic Dreadstar. Publisher… unknown.
“Drawing for me is a love-hate thing,” he said. “It’s a younger person’s job. And so I tend to write for other people. But with this particular thing, I’m at a point financially that I can do whatever I want to at this point…and this is what I want to do.” He added, laughing, “Right now I’m trying to decide what I want to Dreadstar’s uniform to look like.”
There isn’t a publisher lined up – yet – as he wants to have several issues of the intended mini-series completed before seeking one out. (Starlin is also working on a series of six creator-owned one-shots but is keeping those details top secret for now.)
Is there anything not yet being revived, and announced during San Diego season?
- Exclusive Walmart Deal For 100-Page Monthly DC Comics Anthologies With Brian Bendis’ Batman and Tom King’s Superman - June 22, 2018
- Britain Gets Batburgers for Real - June 21, 2018
- Dellec Gets a Relaunch and a Primer in Aspen Press September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New Hatchet Series Launches from American Mythology in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- 4 New Graphic Novels from Caliber in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018