Dynamite Entertainment has made an agreement with Galaxy Publishing and Valdoro Entertainment to publish original comic book and graphic novel content for Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, as well as reprints of the character’s classic jungle fantasy material. Sheena will see her first adventure at the publisher in a crossover with Tarzan.
Sheena, Queen of the Jungle was created by industry legends Will Eisner and S. M. “Jerry” Iger, and debuted in the UK publication Wags #1 in 1937 (reprinted a year later in the United States in the pages of Jumbo Comics #1). She was the first female comic book character to carry a dedicated series, preceding Wonder Woman #1 by four years, and her series spanned 167 issues and twenty years. Sheena began her fictional existence as an orphan raised by a shaman in the jungle, perfecting her survival skills and mastering the ability to communicate with animals. Her many adventures brought her into conflict with evil hunters, slave traders, and rampaging wildlife. The character has thrilled audiences in several television and film adaptations, including portrayals by actresses Irish McCalla (1955-1956), Tanya Roberts (1984), and Gena Lee Nolin (2000).
Dynamite’s Sheena, Queen of the Jungle comics will be solicited in upcoming editions of Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog or will be available through digital platforms courtesy of Comixology, Dynamite Digital, iVerse, and Dark Horse Digital.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 New York Giants - February 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018