Now, thanks to Entertainment Weekly, we know what we are getting into too. Speaking to the site, design producer Justin Vazquez explained that this game is about getting back to the roots of what this franchise once was.
We wanted to recreate the feeling of being trapped in a bizarre and unique open environment playing a game of cat and mouse with the Joker.
[It’s] a love letter to the original game that started this incredible franchise.
Vazquez goes on to explain the difference between playing as Batman and Batgirl:
Hacking is really what separates her from the other characters. It’s a gameplay mechanic with which the player can create situations for Batgirl to really shine.
Our intention was that Batgirl should be less powerful than Batman, but that Batgirl plus hacking could give her opportunities do things that not even Batman can pull off.
That idea of making Batgirl less powerful than Batman is…interesting. I really would like to see how this hacking mechanic works and what it actually brings to the combat and play. We will find out in exactly a week I suppose.
Thanks to VG247 for the heads up!
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018