AfterShock Comics, the start-up publisher that Mike Marts left Marvel for, has announced its first group of writers. They include Garth Ennis (Preacher, Punisher), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Amanda Conner (Harley Quinn), Paul Jenkins (Batman: The Dark Knight), Justin Jordan (Shadowman), Phil Hester (Ant-Man), Frank Barbiere (Avengers) and Marguerite Bennett (Batgirl).
“When we launched AfterShock, our mission was to attract the best comic book creators in the business, and we’re beyond excited to develop original projects with these industry leaders,” said Marts. “But it’s only the beginning.” Added Ennis: “AfterShock looks to be making all the right moves. I’m delighted by the arrival of a new home for independent, creator-owned comics.”
The company is also putting out a short-story anthology which will include Neil Gaiman, Jim Starlin, Amy Chu and Brian Stelfreeze.
- Read Grand Passion #1, Part of Dynamite’s Fan Gear Pack Deal - February 17, 2018
- NFL Post Mortem – 2017 Green Bay Packers - February 17, 2018
- Can Sunday Night Save Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin? - February 17, 2018
- First Teaser Poster for Transformers: Power of the Primes - February 17, 2018
- Alfre Woodard to Recur on Fox’s Empire - February 17, 2018