AfterShock Comics, the start-up publisher that Mike Marts left Marvel for, has announced its first group of writers. They include Garth Ennis (Preacher, Punisher), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Amanda Conner (Harley Quinn), Paul Jenkins (Batman: The Dark Knight), Justin Jordan (Shadowman), Phil Hester (Ant-Man), Frank Barbiere (Avengers) and Marguerite Bennett (Batgirl).
“When we launched AfterShock, our mission was to attract the best comic book creators in the business, and we’re beyond excited to develop original projects with these industry leaders,” said Marts. “But it’s only the beginning.” Added Ennis: “AfterShock looks to be making all the right moves. I’m delighted by the arrival of a new home for independent, creator-owned comics.”
The company is also putting out a short-story anthology which will include Neil Gaiman, Jim Starlin, Amy Chu and Brian Stelfreeze.
- Stephen Amell Says the Green Arrow Goatee is Coming - May 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Be Magical - May 21, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Sneak Peek at the Season Finale - May 21, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018
- HBO Chooses the Cleveland Browns for the New Season of Hard Knocks - May 18, 2018