Dynamite Entertainment, Surge Licensing, Inc. and Homeshop, LLC have teamed up to produce the first ever officially licensed Homies publications. The deal includes a hardcover art book called History Of The Homies which features all the toys ever released along with behind-the-scenes photos of the development of the characters, brand and merchandise. There will also be an interview with Homies creator David Gonzales.
Also part of the deal is the rights to create original comics and graphic novels and reprint any existing comic material.
Homies first began as an underground comic strip created by Gonzales that ran in Lowrider Magazine in 1978 and was based on his friends and lifestyle. The merchandising of Homies began in 1994 when retailer Hot Topic offered the shirts for sale. Following on the heels of a successful T-shirt run, Homies was licensed for figurines in the vending machine toy industry, where all sales records were broken, with over 150 million figurines sold worldwide. The licensing program soon spread to products such as action figures, remote and die-cast cars, notebooks, posters, plush, Halloween masks, video games, music and more. Today the Homies are enjoying a comeback with new T-shirts, toys and more in the works.
Dynamite’s Homies art book, comic books and graphic novels will be available through Diamond Book Distributors.
- Writer’s Commentary – Kieron Gillen Talks James Bond Service - May 25, 2017
- How To End A Season With A Bang – The Arrow Season Finale - May 25, 2017
- Arrow Season Finale – Live Blog - May 24, 2017
- From No Pants To No Team – Buffalo Bills Cut Offensive Tackle Cyrus Kouandjio - May 24, 2017
- New Lookers Ember Series From Pat Shand/Christian Zanier Leads Boundless’ August 2017 Solicitations - May 24, 2017