Yesterday we covered the launch of a three part video series tied to the Terminator Genisys film and featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and a group of Youtube stars. It was brought to our attention that Paramount and/or the individuals that produced the webseries Terminator Genisys: The Youtube Chronicles failed to provide a closed caption option for the series.
Now it was pointed out to use from a Twitter account called Caption Action 2 an advocate for getting closed captions onto webseries and who has also started a petition to have Paramount add the captions to the series.
And the sad thing is, adding closed captions to Youtube videos is relatively easy. You can do it post-production with tools provide by the website. There is even an easy to follow video explaining just how to do it that I’ve embedded below.
This doesn’t seem like something that should need an advocate. If you are doing a webseries, especially to help promote your film, shouldn’t you want to reach as many potential viewers as possible? Hopefully Paramount will correct this quickly.
- Things To Do In Orange County If You Liked Extreme Studios - March 27, 2017
- Alex Meets Maggies Ex On Tonight’s Supergirl - March 27, 2017
- Surviving The Tomb Of Sargeras - March 27, 2017
- 10 Character Posters For American Gods - March 27, 2017
- Milligan And Ryp Bring The Very Real World Of Female Gladiators To Britannia: We Who Are About To Die - March 27, 2017