Yesterday we covered the launch of a three part video series tied to the Terminator Genisys film and featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and a group of Youtube stars. It was brought to our attention that Paramount and/or the individuals that produced the webseries Terminator Genisys: The Youtube Chronicles failed to provide a closed caption option for the series.
Now it was pointed out to use from a Twitter account called Caption Action 2 an advocate for getting closed captions onto webseries and who has also started a petition to have Paramount add the captions to the series.
And the sad thing is, adding closed captions to Youtube videos is relatively easy. You can do it post-production with tools provide by the website. There is even an easy to follow video explaining just how to do it that I’ve embedded below.
This doesn’t seem like something that should need an advocate. If you are doing a webseries, especially to help promote your film, shouldn’t you want to reach as many potential viewers as possible? Hopefully Paramount will correct this quickly.
- Ben Barnes Talks About Billy Russo In Marvel’s The Punisher (Spoilers) - November 18, 2017
- Marvel’s The Punisher Season 1: Welcome Back Frank… - November 18, 2017
- Singer/Actor David Cassidy Hospitalized Due To Organ Failure - November 18, 2017
- The Simple Story Structure You’ve Never Heard Of, But Should Master - November 18, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: James And Lena Won’t Be Buddies Anytime Soon - November 18, 2017