Announced during the Milkfed Panel at HeroesCon yesterday, with Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick talking about their upcoming projects, DeConnick announced that she would be leaving the Captain Marvel comic book.
@CaptMarvelNews So hard to go, but it’s time.
— Kelly Sue DeConnick (@kellysue) June 21, 2015
Which ties in with a previous report regarding the title promising massive changes.
DeConnick took the revived Captain Marvel character at Marvel and seemed to turn it into something akin to a religion, with the “Carol Corps” claiming her as an almost godlike figure, The devotion at comic book conventions has been clear. Female-positive with a clear vision and a newly designed costume by Jamie McKelvie, her work on the series also inspired Marvel to greenlight a movie for later this decade starring the character.
Bleeding Cool has been told that this is not the first time DeConnick wanted to leave the title, but had changed her mind previously after negotiation with Marvel. However her deal with Universal TV Studios has given her a greater independence to make this kind of decision.
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018
- Get Your Geek Nutbutter on at San Diego Comic-Con Tonight - July 19, 2018
- Superman Receives Guinness World Record for Longest-Running Superhero Comic at SDCC - July 19, 2018