Announced during the Milkfed Panel at HeroesCon yesterday, with Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick talking about their upcoming projects, DeConnick announced that she would be leaving the Captain Marvel comic book.
@CaptMarvelNews So hard to go, but it’s time.
— Kelly Sue DeConnick (@kellysue) June 21, 2015
Which ties in with a previous report regarding the title promising massive changes.
DeConnick took the revived Captain Marvel character at Marvel and seemed to turn it into something akin to a religion, with the “Carol Corps” claiming her as an almost godlike figure, The devotion at comic book conventions has been clear. Female-positive with a clear vision and a newly designed costume by Jamie McKelvie, her work on the series also inspired Marvel to greenlight a movie for later this decade starring the character.
Bleeding Cool has been told that this is not the first time DeConnick wanted to leave the title, but had changed her mind previously after negotiation with Marvel. However her deal with Universal TV Studios has given her a greater independence to make this kind of decision.
- Frank Cho Draws Aunt May’s Wheatcakes for Amazing Spider-Man #800 Cover - April 23, 2018
- ComicBooks for Kids at the Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 23, 2018
- The 28 Covers Of Tony Stark: Iron Man – And How Retailers Can Order Them - April 23, 2018
- Review: I Am A Number by Rian Hughes - April 23, 2018
- Review: Times Like These – Graphic Reports of Modern Life by David Ziggy Greene - April 23, 2018