Announced during the Milkfed Panel at HeroesCon yesterday, with Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick talking about their upcoming projects, DeConnick announced that she would be leaving the Captain Marvel comic book.
@CaptMarvelNews So hard to go, but it’s time.
— Kelly Sue DeConnick (@kellysue) June 21, 2015
Which ties in with a previous report regarding the title promising massive changes.
DeConnick took the revived Captain Marvel character at Marvel and seemed to turn it into something akin to a religion, with the “Carol Corps” claiming her as an almost godlike figure, The devotion at comic book conventions has been clear. Female-positive with a clear vision and a newly designed costume by Jamie McKelvie, her work on the series also inspired Marvel to greenlight a movie for later this decade starring the character.
Bleeding Cool has been told that this is not the first time DeConnick wanted to leave the title, but had changed her mind previously after negotiation with Marvel. However her deal with Universal TV Studios has given her a greater independence to make this kind of decision.
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018