Announced during the Milkfed Panel at HeroesCon yesterday, with Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick talking about their upcoming projects, DeConnick announced that she would be leaving the Captain Marvel comic book.
@CaptMarvelNews So hard to go, but it’s time.
— Kelly Sue DeConnick (@kellysue) June 21, 2015
Which ties in with a previous report regarding the title promising massive changes.
DeConnick took the revived Captain Marvel character at Marvel and seemed to turn it into something akin to a religion, with the “Carol Corps” claiming her as an almost godlike figure, The devotion at comic book conventions has been clear. Female-positive with a clear vision and a newly designed costume by Jamie McKelvie, her work on the series also inspired Marvel to greenlight a movie for later this decade starring the character.
Bleeding Cool has been told that this is not the first time DeConnick wanted to leave the title, but had changed her mind previously after negotiation with Marvel. However her deal with Universal TV Studios has given her a greater independence to make this kind of decision.
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018
- Marvel Comics Full Solicitations for January 2019 - October 16, 2018