CITV is a British children’s TV station, run from the ITV stable of commercial channels, and in direct competition with the BBC channels CBBC and CBeebies and other commerical rivals such as Tiny Pops.
I have two young daughters, I know this stuff.
But what I didn’t know was that DC Thomson was to start sponsoring CITV. Publishers of comics such as The Beano, Commando, Dennis & Gnasher WWE Kids and the Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, they have a new Thunderbirds Are Go comic book coming out soon.
And as a result, will be sponsoring the entire channel for a year, starting in August, that will promote their line of titles.
ITV are already running the new Thunderbirds TV show which should make for an easy tie in. But DC Thomson will be using this opportunity to advertise the whole line, and probably launch some new titles as well.
As for CBBC? Wile they dont take advertising, they do run the Dennis And Gnasher cartoon
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018