CITV is a British children’s TV station, run from the ITV stable of commercial channels, and in direct competition with the BBC channels CBBC and CBeebies and other commerical rivals such as Tiny Pops.
I have two young daughters, I know this stuff.
But what I didn’t know was that DC Thomson was to start sponsoring CITV. Publishers of comics such as The Beano, Commando, Dennis & Gnasher WWE Kids and the Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, they have a new Thunderbirds Are Go comic book coming out soon.
And as a result, will be sponsoring the entire channel for a year, starting in August, that will promote their line of titles.
ITV are already running the new Thunderbirds TV show which should make for an easy tie in. But DC Thomson will be using this opportunity to advertise the whole line, and probably launch some new titles as well.
As for CBBC? Wile they dont take advertising, they do run the Dennis And Gnasher cartoon
- Lying In The Gutters – 27th May 2018 – From MCM London Comic Con - May 27, 2018
- Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Immortal Hulk, Tony Stark Iron Man All Sell Out First Issues - May 27, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 27th May 2018 – Everyone Loves Josh Middleton - May 27, 2018
- Stan Lee Seen to Support Elon Musk’s Pravda on Twitter - May 27, 2018
- Thunderbolt and Lightning, Very, Very Frightening at MCM London Comic Con Tonight - May 26, 2018