By Dylan Gonzalez
Beer: Breaking Bud IPA
Brewery: Knee Deep Brewing Co.
Sometimes these beer names are so on the nose, you just have to appreciate them.
Breaking Bud produced a thick head that dissipated relatively quickly. However, it left behind a long lasting, much thinner head and lots of lacing. It was a golden amber color and you could make out some light carbonation. The beer had an incredibly piney scent.
The flavor profile of Breaking Bud was very complex. The start of the beer had a slightly fruity character to it, like passion fruit. The mid-palate followed with lots of pine and hops, as well as some mild breadiness. The finish of the beer was not overly bitter with a light creaminess and was rather smooth. On the palate, I could detect the carbonation, but it was still a nice drinker and not uncomfortable at all.
Overall, this was a really nice IPA, though leaning heavily on the piney side.
What to Drink This Beer To:
It’s right there in the name and artwork. Breaking Bud takes inspiration from the critically acclaimed Breaking Bad, the story of Walter White and his journey to overcome cancer by cooking and selling meth for money. Lead by the amazing Bryan Cranston and featuring fantastic performances from the supporting cast, Breaking Bad is considered a modern classic of television and narrative storytelling. It examines the themes of power, family, loyalty, survival and the moral consequences of your actions. It is a personal favorite of mine and if you have not watched it yet, do it.
Dylan Gonzalez happens to love beer and comic books and luckily found a place to write about both because he has no idea how to actually make money in the real world. He lives in a cave in New Jersey. Tweet him at @BeardedPickle, follow his own beer blog or email him at email@example.com.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015