Universal Pictures has hired Philip Gawthorne to script a big screen adaptation of the classic TV series Kojak. The 70’s series about a bald homicide detective that liked Lollipops and the tag line “Who loves ya, baby.” was played by Telly Savalas. So to play Detective Theo Kojak in the remake, the studio has turned to Vin Diesel. The Furious 7 actor is attached to produce as well as to star.
Gawthorne, who started off as a playwright before moving on to series Eastenders and Casualty, is picking up from a previous draft by James Bond writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.
Kojak was created by Abby Mann loosely based on the novel Justice In The Backroom by Selwyn Raab. A television revival of the series was attempted in 2005 with Ving Rhames as the title character, but the series only lasted one season.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018