By Jason Henderson, Drew Edwards, Tony Salvaggio, and Julia Guzman
Bleeding Cool welcomes back The Castle of Horror Podcast tonight, a weekly internet radio show where professional writers in the comics, games and book industries take a look at horror movies, choosing one movie a week to discuss in depth.
This week we continue our Werewolves of Summer retrospective, a return to classic werewolf movies, with The Howling! A lot going on in this Joe Dante-directed movie from “The Year of the Werewolf,” 1981, just a few months before John Landis’ An American Werewolf in London. Instead of the usual “I’m a werewolf and I feel bad about it” story, The Howling tells the story of a TV reporter whose career takes a strange turn when she encounters a serial killer connected to a strange community of werewolves. Chock full of cameos and boasting a script from John Sayles, The Howling is a bedrock 20th-century werewolf movie.
Check out the trailer:
Be sure and join us over on Facebook to chime in.
Want to join the discussion and chat with us live while we record? You can do that and more on our page at Talkshoe.
Talk about the show at our Facebook home.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing.Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids and Julia Guzman, attorney host of the mom-oriented podcast Podmoms.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015