By Joseph Kyle Schmidt and Samuel Morse
The Bleed is a weekly podcast by Bleeding Cool contributors Joe Schmidt and Sam Morse. The podcast consists of the latest news in comics, creator interviews, and a weekly book club discussion.
This week is special because we welcome back old friend and co-host David Dissanayake! David used to write for both Bleeding Cool and ComicBook.com but is now helping with Marketing and PR for new publication house Magnetic Press!
And to celebrate both Magnetic’s first year in comics and their award nominations, we are reading the Eisner-nominated original graphic novel by Tony Sandoval, Doomboy! The story of a young metal guitarist trying to cope with the death of a close friend, the story is an intimate portrayal of insecurity, compassion, and music in the face of loss and dispair. It’s friggin’ beautiful, too.
Next week we welcome the entire creative team of new Oni Press graphic novel, Junior Braves of the Apocalypse v1! We look forward to welcoming Greg Smith, Mike Tanner, and Zach Lehner to the show!
Check out the Bleed’s Archives for more episodes.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015