You may have taken note over the past few weeks that the chapters of the Oni Press graphic novel Odd Schnozz and the Odd Squad have been appearing on ComiXology ahead of the print edition’s arrival on June 24th. This narrative is heavily tied to the music scene, featuring a group of aspiring musicians who get caught up in the machinations of a malicious animal and human altering organization, and even has a sound-track cued into the story. Created by Jeffrey Burandt and Dennis Culver, the comic is bound to draw on the real-life musical background of Burandt who is well known in the New York areas as the front man for band Americans UK and as a proponent of fusing music and comics during performances.
Liz, Bodey, Maude, and Justine’s band, Odd Schnozz and the Odd Squad, are sure to win this year’s Battle of the Bands. But when a talking chimp, who claims to be a scientist from the mysterious organization B.L.A.N.K., interrupts their practice session, the band’s got a whole new set of problems. Now B.L.A.N.K. agents are closing in, determined to recapture the escaped chimp before he becomes a liability. Jeffrey Burandt (Americans UK) and Dennis Culver (Edison Rex) bring you this trilling tale of cyborg animals and punk rock teenagers. 1, 2, 3, 4!
And here’s our 10 page preview of the graphic novel, with pages selected from throughout the narrative:
Lastly, Jeffrey Burandt will be taking part in a signing on June 24th at JHU Comics in New York coming up to ring in the release of the graphic novel, keeping company with Charles Soule (Letter 44) and Joe Infurnari (The Bunker):
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015