This is David Tennant, holding a plush Chog from the comic book series Chew by Jon Layman and Rob Guillory. He is holding it because he is in a recording studio playing the role of Mason Savoy in the animated version of the comic book series.
He took the role, after it had been cast with Robin Williams in mind, before the actor’s tragic death. The Hollywood Reporter got the PR exclusive along with the news that the project had stalled awaiting the recasting, as fellow cast members Steven Yeun and Felicia Day had already recorded their roles last year.
Look forward to Chew, releasing it’s fiftieth issue for San Diego Comic Con, to be even more popular at that show than ever!
Chew is a comic set in a world where chicken is the subject of prohibition and certain people exhibit food-based super abilities. And in which frogs have been genetically engineered to have attributes of chickens… hence “chogs”!
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018
- Declan Shalvey to Help Out Steve McNiven on Return of Wolverine? - August 17, 2018