The cult kids combination toy comes back to comics yet again in September from Cullen Bunn and Blacky Shepherd (cover by Alex Milne).
Though he does look a little worse for wear. Almost as if he next door neighour’s dog took him and buried him for a couple of weeks before dragging him out of the dirt and dropping him in pile of soil and saliva on your mother’s brand new cream sofa…
No, I don’t have issue, why?
Six issues, starting in September, bring on the grimdark Cullen!
More than 200 years ago, Voltron Force fought its final battle against the Drule Empire. Voltron has not moved since that battle, but his legacy lives on. Now, an ancient enemy has arisen, and a new Voltron Force must be chosen to pilot the Defender of the Universe!
Writer Cullen Bunn says, “You don’t grow up in the day and age of my childhood without developing a deep and abiding love for Voltron, so writing the adventures of such an iconic giant robot is a real thrill and a treat. With this story, I hope to show a couple of different sides of Voltron, one vibrant and exciting like the old cartoons, and one a little more dark and even frightening. This dichotomy should be a lot of fun for readers and allow me to explore different sides of the characters involved. For me, Voltron has this mythic quality that I really want to delve into, and I’m excited to see what fans think of my contribution to the Voltron legend!”
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018