The comic book Chew, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, which has an abandoned Showtime production and an in progress animation production to its name, is approaching its fiftieth issue.
A comic ostensibly about a world with chcken prohibition after an apocalyptic avian flu, quickly segued into a population with people developing food-derived superpowers, and lead character Tony Chu able to see the history of anyone – or anyone – he ingests.
And as that fiftieth issue is almost upon up (San Diego cover above, standard cover below), I understand that there will be big news announced, probably today.
So yes, there’s a reason why the story is on the Film/TV side of Bleeding Cool….
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018