The comic book Chew, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, which has an abandoned Showtime production and an in progress animation production to its name, is approaching its fiftieth issue.
A comic ostensibly about a world with chcken prohibition after an apocalyptic avian flu, quickly segued into a population with people developing food-derived superpowers, and lead character Tony Chu able to see the history of anyone – or anyone – he ingests.
And as that fiftieth issue is almost upon up (San Diego cover above, standard cover below), I understand that there will be big news announced, probably today.
So yes, there’s a reason why the story is on the Film/TV side of Bleeding Cool….
- The Tweets That Got Eve L. Ewing the Ironheart Gig - August 20, 2018
- #VisibleWomen in Comic Books Today, August 20th, 2018 - August 20, 2018
- Kevin Libranda’s Designs for Riri Williams: Ironheart - August 20, 2018
- Mike Hawthorne’s Designs for New Wolverine Character Persephone - August 20, 2018
- Firefly #1 from Boom! Studios Gets a Big Box Variant - August 20, 2018