What if you launched a social media hashtag and no one came? We mentioned the Daily Planet article in which Lois Lane outed Clark Kent as Superman, earlier today. Well DC Comics have been putting out a bundle of promotional items for June to help excite folks about the new books.
Such as Prez bumper stickers.
And encouraging people to use the following on social media.
But hardly anyone has used that #im4prez hashtag yet…
— Rich Johnston (@richjohnston) June 17, 2015
In fact, to date, it has been used five times on Twitter. Two of those by DC Comics and once by me. Once this article posts out on Twitter, that will be six. Considering the comic is about social media and its effect on power, that’s not exactly great…
So maybe we can help it along! Come on Bleeding Coolers, find a really tangential reason to push this hashtag. Maybe to all for a Poison Ivy comic book? Or demand that Superman and Lois get back together? Or that Donna Troy get five titles? Or even (are you not bored of this yet) that Dan DiDio be fired? I promise that someone at DC Comics will be watching…
Also, here are copies of other items being handed out as part of the DC You promotion in case you wanted to print any off…
- The Daily LITG, 13th December 2018, The Scott Snyder Who Laughs - December 13, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018