Mirror’s Edge is about parkour and melee fighting, meaning it’s had a pretty strict no guns policy thus far. Some fans had worried that in order to make the game sell, EA would incorporate more FPS elements into the series, specifically the ability to pick up guns and shoot dudes.
That won’t be the case though, and it has been confirmed there won’t be any guns for Faith at all. In an interview with Polygon senior producer on the game Sara Jansson said:
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, you won’t be using any guns at all. We’ve completely removed that aspect of the game. You can’t even pick them up.
Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics.
When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she’s actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm’s way. It’s only when she stops that she can get hurt.
This is great news I think. To get a AAA first person action experience based on fluidity without a lot of shooty-shooty bang-bang should be pretty refreshing.
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018