Mirror’s Edge is about parkour and melee fighting, meaning it’s had a pretty strict no guns policy thus far. Some fans had worried that in order to make the game sell, EA would incorporate more FPS elements into the series, specifically the ability to pick up guns and shoot dudes.
That won’t be the case though, and it has been confirmed there won’t be any guns for Faith at all. In an interview with Polygon senior producer on the game Sara Jansson said:
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, you won’t be using any guns at all. We’ve completely removed that aspect of the game. You can’t even pick them up.
Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics.
When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she’s actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm’s way. It’s only when she stops that she can get hurt.
This is great news I think. To get a AAA first person action experience based on fluidity without a lot of shooty-shooty bang-bang should be pretty refreshing.
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018
- Hitman 2 Gets New Trailer Showing How to Change the World Around You - August 17, 2018
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018