Mirror’s Edge is about parkour and melee fighting, meaning it’s had a pretty strict no guns policy thus far. Some fans had worried that in order to make the game sell, EA would incorporate more FPS elements into the series, specifically the ability to pick up guns and shoot dudes.
That won’t be the case though, and it has been confirmed there won’t be any guns for Faith at all. In an interview with Polygon senior producer on the game Sara Jansson said:
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, you won’t be using any guns at all. We’ve completely removed that aspect of the game. You can’t even pick them up.
Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics.
When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she’s actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm’s way. It’s only when she stops that she can get hurt.
This is great news I think. To get a AAA first person action experience based on fluidity without a lot of shooty-shooty bang-bang should be pretty refreshing.
- You Can Check Out the Contents of Far Cry 5’s Special Editions With These Fake Shopping Channel Shows - February 16, 2018
- Fe Gets a Launch Trailer to Celebrate its Release - February 16, 2018
- BattleEye Claims 99% of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Cheaters Come from China - February 16, 2018
- Xbox Live is Free to Use For Everyone This Weekend - February 16, 2018
- Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Gets Release Window And It Is Pretty Soon - February 16, 2018