Mirror’s Edge is about parkour and melee fighting, meaning it’s had a pretty strict no guns policy thus far. Some fans had worried that in order to make the game sell, EA would incorporate more FPS elements into the series, specifically the ability to pick up guns and shoot dudes.
That won’t be the case though, and it has been confirmed there won’t be any guns for Faith at all. In an interview with Polygon senior producer on the game Sara Jansson said:
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, you won’t be using any guns at all. We’ve completely removed that aspect of the game. You can’t even pick them up.
Now the fighting is more of an extension of the movement. It builds on the flow. It fits a lot better with the game mechanics.
When Faith is in flow, when she stitches together move after move without failing and keeps her momentum going, she’s actually invulnerable to bullets. That can keep her out of harm’s way. It’s only when she stops that she can get hurt.
This is great news I think. To get a AAA first person action experience based on fluidity without a lot of shooty-shooty bang-bang should be pretty refreshing.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018