Oh, I adore this series. I really appreciate when comics make me laugh out loud, and that’s exactly what Giant Days does. From BOOM! Studios, Giant Days #4 written by John Allison, with art by Lissa Treiman, combines a new love with a handful of drugs, and some character history we’ve been waiting on for four issues. This month Daisy, Susan, and Esther are celebrating Daisy’s birthday, but things get a little crazy when Daisy starts to have feelings for her friend Nadia. It’s normal to experiment with drugs in college, but Daisy takes a handful of pills at a club. All is good and well until her Grandma shows up for a visit, but the girls come together to support her like the awesome friends they are.
The most exciting part of this issue for me was finally getting a bit of background about Susan and McGraw. It was honestly driving me nuts. We don’t get the whole story, but we get a decent amount of it, so be sure to look forward to that. As always, Allison writes a highly entertaining script that will make you not only laugh out loud, but also feel like you can relate to the experiences that these three are going through whether it be with relationships, friendships, or experimentation. I fall more and more in love with Treiman’s art style as the issues progress. It’s so reminiscent of fun cartoon-y comics like Scott Pilgrim. In the end, Giant Days continues to give us a realistic comical look at college life, and I highly recommend that you read it.
Christine Marie is a Staff Writer at Bleeding Cool, and bibliomaniac with a love for all things creative. She hopes to one day be a Superhero/Disney Princess/Novelist. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @AWritersWay or on her blog writerchristinemarie.wordpress.com.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016