Deadline reports that Josh Blaylock‘s Devil’s Due Entertainment and Ken Levin‘s First Comics have merged to form new publisher Devil’s Due/1First Comics LLC which they describe as “the first mini-major comics publishing company of its size emphasizing creator-owned work since the establishment of Image in 1991” though I think certain publisher like Oni Press might wish to challenge that particular one.
First Comics originally formed by Levin and Mike Gold in 1983 was a major player in the eighties wit books such as Nexus and American Flagg, and was recently revived.
Devil’s Due was launched on licensed comics such as GI Joe, before collapsing in financial disarray. It too has been revived with new titles such as Squarriors.
Deadline states that “the constituent halves of Devil’s Due and 1First will continue to exercise relative autonomy in publishing decisions; the new company will continue to emphasize creator-owned comics. Through the end of 2015, Devil’s Due / 1First Comics LLC will release six original graphic novels and launch five new ongoing comic series, as well as reissue trade collections of previously published titles. These titles will begin shipping under the new imprint in September.”
We look forward to reporting which is which very soon…
- Who Will Be the First to Cosplay as Batman: Damned’s Homestuck Girl? - September 19, 2018
- Meet Xandra – the Daughter of Professor X and Lilandra Neramani - September 19, 2018
- How The First Page of Batman: Damned #1 Does Killing Joke, Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum In One - September 19, 2018
- Rick & Morty Return to the Cronenberg Dimension in Oni Press’ December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- Comedy Central’s #CancelSouthPark Ads Come to DC Comics - September 19, 2018