Deadline reports that Josh Blaylock‘s Devil’s Due Entertainment and Ken Levin‘s First Comics have merged to form new publisher Devil’s Due/1First Comics LLC which they describe as “the first mini-major comics publishing company of its size emphasizing creator-owned work since the establishment of Image in 1991” though I think certain publisher like Oni Press might wish to challenge that particular one.
First Comics originally formed by Levin and Mike Gold in 1983 was a major player in the eighties wit books such as Nexus and American Flagg, and was recently revived.
Devil’s Due was launched on licensed comics such as GI Joe, before collapsing in financial disarray. It too has been revived with new titles such as Squarriors.
Deadline states that “the constituent halves of Devil’s Due and 1First will continue to exercise relative autonomy in publishing decisions; the new company will continue to emphasize creator-owned comics. Through the end of 2015, Devil’s Due / 1First Comics LLC will release six original graphic novels and launch five new ongoing comic series, as well as reissue trade collections of previously published titles. These titles will begin shipping under the new imprint in September.”
We look forward to reporting which is which very soon…
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018