Last year on July 23rd, coinciding with San Diego Comic Con, DC Comics held a “Batman Day” for the launch of a new Detective Comics #27.
They gave away masks.
Well, this year they are doing it again. I don’t know about the masks, but on September 26th there will be stuff going on, in comic book shops, bookstores, schools, libraries and other “retail partners”.
And DC’s comic book creators will be pressing the flesh with Jim Lee, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, David Finch, Brian Azzarello, Cameron Stewart, Pat Gleason, Dustin Nguyen, Tim Seeley, Tom King, Dan Jurgens, Jeff Parker, Matthew Manning, and Daniel Wallace will be pounding the pavement.
And there will be more “stuff” from Capstone, Penguin, Random House, Scholastic, DK Publishing and Warners’ many varied wings. And comic stores will get an official “Batman Day” event kit with activity sheets, trivia, games and more.
What, no masks?
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018
- Kieron Gillen and Christos Gage for Avatar Comics’ August 2018 Solicitations - May 21, 2018
- Beyonders, Volition, and Hot Lunch Special Launch in AfterShock August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018