Last year on July 23rd, coinciding with San Diego Comic Con, DC Comics held a “Batman Day” for the launch of a new Detective Comics #27.
They gave away masks.
Well, this year they are doing it again. I don’t know about the masks, but on September 26th there will be stuff going on, in comic book shops, bookstores, schools, libraries and other “retail partners”.
And DC’s comic book creators will be pressing the flesh with Jim Lee, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, David Finch, Brian Azzarello, Cameron Stewart, Pat Gleason, Dustin Nguyen, Tim Seeley, Tom King, Dan Jurgens, Jeff Parker, Matthew Manning, and Daniel Wallace will be pounding the pavement.
And there will be more “stuff” from Capstone, Penguin, Random House, Scholastic, DK Publishing and Warners’ many varied wings. And comic stores will get an official “Batman Day” event kit with activity sheets, trivia, games and more.
What, no masks?
- Where In The World Are Marvel’s May 2018 Solicits? - February 20, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Super Sons With #16 – And Where Is Supergirl? - February 20, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for May 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Eight of the Decade Covers for Action Comics #1000 – We’re Just Missing the ’80s - February 20, 2018
- DC Comics Solicits for May 2018: Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Cancelled, James Tynion IV Leaves Detective - February 20, 2018