Last year on July 23rd, coinciding with San Diego Comic Con, DC Comics held a “Batman Day” for the launch of a new Detective Comics #27.
They gave away masks.
Well, this year they are doing it again. I don’t know about the masks, but on September 26th there will be stuff going on, in comic book shops, bookstores, schools, libraries and other “retail partners”.
And DC’s comic book creators will be pressing the flesh with Jim Lee, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, David Finch, Brian Azzarello, Cameron Stewart, Pat Gleason, Dustin Nguyen, Tim Seeley, Tom King, Dan Jurgens, Jeff Parker, Matthew Manning, and Daniel Wallace will be pounding the pavement.
And there will be more “stuff” from Capstone, Penguin, Random House, Scholastic, DK Publishing and Warners’ many varied wings. And comic stores will get an official “Batman Day” event kit with activity sheets, trivia, games and more.
What, no masks?
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018