Last year on July 23rd, coinciding with San Diego Comic Con, DC Comics held a “Batman Day” for the launch of a new Detective Comics #27.
They gave away masks.
Well, this year they are doing it again. I don’t know about the masks, but on September 26th there will be stuff going on, in comic book shops, bookstores, schools, libraries and other “retail partners”.
And DC’s comic book creators will be pressing the flesh with Jim Lee, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, David Finch, Brian Azzarello, Cameron Stewart, Pat Gleason, Dustin Nguyen, Tim Seeley, Tom King, Dan Jurgens, Jeff Parker, Matthew Manning, and Daniel Wallace will be pounding the pavement.
And there will be more “stuff” from Capstone, Penguin, Random House, Scholastic, DK Publishing and Warners’ many varied wings. And comic stores will get an official “Batman Day” event kit with activity sheets, trivia, games and more.
What, no masks?
- Will Spider-Punk Die When He is 27? (Edge of Spider-Geddon and Extermination Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- Oh and It’s Marvel’s 80th Anniversary in 2019 as Well – the Decades Collections - August 15, 2018
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018