There has been lots of fuss regarding the Japanese publication of an English language version of their manga adaptation of the BBC Steven Moffat/Mark Gatiss Sherlock series, using the text from the original TV show. Rather than translating back from the translated Japanese.
On its announcement, Sherlock fans in the USA went kinda nuts and tried ordering it from Books Kinokuniya.
Word came down, however, that the book is embargoed. It can’t be sold to the US due to rights and licensing issues.
What the issues are, we don’t know. Actors’ likeness rights? Territorial license clashes? Possibly that
a US publisher has already comic book rights to the show and is planning their own version? Maybe they could be planning to license the Japanese version themselves.
But right now, until they stamp down on it, the US fan’s best best is ordering from Amazon Japan.
Good luck – the game is on!
- So What’s Coming From Mark Millar And Millarworld In 2019 With Netflix? - November 20, 2018
- Full Boom Studios Catalog for February 2019 – With Hotel Dare for April - November 20, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 20th November 2018 – Happy Birthday Mahmud Asrar - November 20, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for February 2019 – Going Young - November 19, 2018
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018