It was so obvious that these rumours were untrue, that it almost seems disingenuous to say, “I told you so”.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to Twitter to address allegations that surface today claiming that Microsoft had bought Silent Hills outright to revive the cancelled game. He said quite candidly:
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) May 30, 2015
The details of the story were so outlandish that this shouldnt shouldn’t surprise anyone. The idea of Microsoft helping the game come back to life wasn’t so insane though, but alas.
…unless this little news story gets a few phone calls going between Microsoft and Konami. Who knows? It’s not like it would be the first time untrue news stories helped birth something later down the line.
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018