It was so obvious that these rumours were untrue, that it almost seems disingenuous to say, “I told you so”.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to Twitter to address allegations that surface today claiming that Microsoft had bought Silent Hills outright to revive the cancelled game. He said quite candidly:
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) May 30, 2015
The details of the story were so outlandish that this shouldnt shouldn’t surprise anyone. The idea of Microsoft helping the game come back to life wasn’t so insane though, but alas.
…unless this little news story gets a few phone calls going between Microsoft and Konami. Who knows? It’s not like it would be the first time untrue news stories helped birth something later down the line.
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018
- Arkane Studios Says Dishonored is Taking a Break - August 15, 2018
- TimeSplitters Looks to Finally Be Making a Return After IP Changes Hands - August 15, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018