It was so obvious that these rumours were untrue, that it almost seems disingenuous to say, “I told you so”.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to Twitter to address allegations that surface today claiming that Microsoft had bought Silent Hills outright to revive the cancelled game. He said quite candidly:
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) May 30, 2015
The details of the story were so outlandish that this shouldnt shouldn’t surprise anyone. The idea of Microsoft helping the game come back to life wasn’t so insane though, but alas.
…unless this little news story gets a few phone calls going between Microsoft and Konami. Who knows? It’s not like it would be the first time untrue news stories helped birth something later down the line.
- Fable Fortune is Leaving Early Access Later This Week - February 19, 2018
- PSVR Title Moss Gets a Cute New Trailer and Very Close Release Date - February 19, 2018
- Remedy Entertainment’s Next Game Set to Release Next Year - February 19, 2018
- Guilty Gear Creator Says Next Game Will Reduce Complex Systems to Attract New Players - February 19, 2018
- Developer Plans for Rainbow Six Siege to Run For 10 Years With No Sequels - February 19, 2018