It was so obvious that these rumours were untrue, that it almost seems disingenuous to say, “I told you so”.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to Twitter to address allegations that surface today claiming that Microsoft had bought Silent Hills outright to revive the cancelled game. He said quite candidly:
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) May 30, 2015
The details of the story were so outlandish that this shouldnt shouldn’t surprise anyone. The idea of Microsoft helping the game come back to life wasn’t so insane though, but alas.
…unless this little news story gets a few phone calls going between Microsoft and Konami. Who knows? It’s not like it would be the first time untrue news stories helped birth something later down the line.
- PES 2019 Announces Seven New Liecensed Leagues - May 23, 2018
- Sunset Overdrive Could be Coming to PC - May 23, 2018
- PS4 is in the Final Stages of its Life Says Sony Interactive CEO - May 22, 2018
- Paladins Mobile Game Promo Accidentally Used Overwatch Art - May 22, 2018
- Battlefield V Gets the Shortest of Teasers Ahead of Reveal on Wednesday - May 21, 2018