By Joseph Kyle Schmidt and Samuel Morse
The Bleed is a weekly podcast by Bleeding Cool contributors Joe Schmidt and Sam Morse. The podcast consists of the latest news in comics, creator interviews, and a weekly book club discussion.
This show sees the return of old friend Tucker Stone, US Sales & Marketing Director of Nobrow! Instead of reading more kickass Copra comics (trust us, we’ll get there), Tucker elected to go with something a bit more old school. More old school than Copra, your skeptical mug mutters.
We’re reading the Tim Truman classic, Hawkworld. This 1993 3-issue limited series kicked off a bold new era in the world of Hawkman and Hawkgirl and is often overlooked when compared to other stories released in the same era. But Hawkworld might be the cream of the crop.
On the next episode we welcome Boom! Studios creators of Thomas Alsop, Chris Miskiewicz and Palle Schmidt! They’ve brought the Frank Miller masterpiece the Dark Knight Returns along with them!
Purchase Hawkworld from Comixology
Check out the Bleed’s Archives for more episodes.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015