Yesterday afternoon, an elderly woman drove her car into the West Melbourne comic book store Famous Faces & Funnies. She crushed their two glass front doors and went into their front counter. According to the store, it was an accelerator/brakes pad mixup in the disabled parking bay outside the store, and podcaster Shaun Cobble was hit, thankfully escaping with minor injuries and lacerations form the glass. The driver was also injured and both went to hospital.
The store owner Rick Shea says “Luckily, there were no further injuries and although the damage to the store’s fixtures, merchandise and graphic novels were extensive (anyone want some “half off” mugs, glasses and cups?), we’re just happy no one else was hurt or killed. Wednesday being our busiest day of the week with new comics and toys, it could have been worse with a bigger crowd around the register.”Customers helped clear up broken glass and tidy up. Currently the store is boarded up but they plan to have a working door and will be open today from noon till 9pm. Though their after hours game night is cancelled. They will be running this weekend’s Free Comic Book May as originally planned…
Car came through the door as I was leaving. Hit me, pushed me back to the counter. Cut me up and bruised me pretty good. Nothing broken. Ruined my goddamned comics, though.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018