From IDW Publishing, The Powerpuff Girls Super Smash Up #5, written and illustrated by Derek Charm, brings our attention to a familiar villain. Does the name Mojo Jojo ring a bell? You’ll remember him from Cartoon Network’s The Powerpuff Girls, as he was always causing some kind of trouble. As a fan I was pretty excited to see him featured in the story. After all, Charm has brought a lot of awesome characters into the mix so far. With the mission to stop Dee Dee still in play, the girls, Professor Utonium, and Dexter turn to an unlikely accomplice. Yep, you guessed it, Mojo Jojo.
It was one of those plot points that I knew would end badly, but was still highly entertained by. He actually does manage to help, but what happens after is a crazy chaotic mess that you have to witness for yourself. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I have to mention the robot that Professor Utonium and Dexter secretly built. Talk about epic! I love seeing those two work together. As always, Charm writes and illustrates a fun, light, comical, action packed issue. It looks like The Powerpuff Girls Super Smash Up #5, is the end to the ARC. I’m excited to see what Charm has planned next.
The bonus story which features Dexter’s Laboratory, written by Mariah Huehner, and illustrated by Cat Farris is a short fun little tale that involves a cat. Well, Dexter turning into one to be exact. I’ve mentioned before how refreshing these little shorts are, and I really feel like they add a nice touch to an already great comic to read. So, now I will urge you to bring some smiles into your life and pick up the new issue of The Powerpuff Girls Super Smash Up today!
Christine Marie is a Staff Writer at Bleeding Cool, and bibliomaniac with a love for all things creative. She hopes to one day be a Superhero/Disney Princess/Novelist. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @AWritersWay or on her blog writerchristinemarie.wordpress.com.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016