Sergio Aragones is the delight of any convention he attends, and the fact that the comic Groo is still running, probably the first comic book I ever read, is even more delightful to me. There is quite simply nothing like it that lampoons so effectively whatever aspect of human life strikes Sergio’s fancy at any time as well as the tropes of the fantasy warrior genre in fiction or comics.
Dark Horse describe this issue thus:
You’d think the smartest man in the world would be wise enough to not have Groo as a friend! The Sage has developed another scheme to amass wealth without working hard . . . but how clever can a scheme be that relies in any way on our hero? From the award-winning team of Sergio Aragonés and Mark Evanier.
And here’s our preview of Friends and Foes #6:
Groo: Friends and Foes #6 is out June 17th, and is currently listed in Previews World with item code: APR150038
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015