20th Century Fox is in the process of rebooting League of Extraordinary Gentlemen based on the series by Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill with the idea of launching a film franchise. Their first attempt in 2003 starred Sean Connery and opened #2 at the box office behind Pirates of the Caribbean only to get blasted by the critics and burn out at only $178 million. Plans for a sequel at the time were killed and Connery retired from the industry shortly after.
The new film will not be related to the first in anyway. Nor will it be tied to Fox’s attempt to turn the franchise into a television series in 2013. The pilot commissioned then was rejected.
According to Deadline, the project is now in the hands of Ira Napoliello and Matt Reilly, and produced by John Davis.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2: Bushmaster Shakes Harlem’s Faith in Its Hero - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4 Finale Recap: We Are the Flash - May 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018