20th Century Fox is in the process of rebooting League of Extraordinary Gentlemen based on the series by Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill with the idea of launching a film franchise. Their first attempt in 2003 starred Sean Connery and opened #2 at the box office behind Pirates of the Caribbean only to get blasted by the critics and burn out at only $178 million. Plans for a sequel at the time were killed and Connery retired from the industry shortly after.
The new film will not be related to the first in anyway. Nor will it be tied to Fox’s attempt to turn the franchise into a television series in 2013. The pilot commissioned then was rejected.
According to Deadline, the project is now in the hands of Ira Napoliello and Matt Reilly, and produced by John Davis.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018