THE PILOT SEASON WINNER RETURNS from Image Comics! Written by Jeremy Haun (Constantine, Batwoman) and Jason A. Hurely, with art by Haun, The Beauty centers in on modern society’s obsession with outward beauty. It then asks the question, what if there was a way to guarantee that your beauty grew every day? What if it was a sexually transmitted disease? Well, in the world of The Beauty, physical perfection is attainable, and most of the population has taken advantage of it. However, main characters Detective Foster and Vaughn discover that it comes at a terrible price.
When I heard about this comic’s concept, I was immediately sold. I honestly feel like this is something that truly is focused on too much in our society and I’m happy that there are people like Jeremy Haun and Jason A. Hurely to shine the light on the vain nature that sometimes can consume us. I like that it’s a science fiction tale, so if you’re a fan of speculative fiction be sure to add this to your pull list. I think it’s safe to say that this story is guaranteed to be an entertaining, if somewhat horrifying read. The cover alone gives me chills. You can pick up The Beauty #1 from your local comic book store on August 12th.
Christine Marie is a Staff Writer at Bleeding Cool, and bibliomaniac with a love for all things creative. She hopes to one day be a Superhero/Disney Princess/Novelist. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @AWritersWay or on her blog writerchristinemarie.wordpress.com.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016