French newspaper Le Figaro has landed the cover of the new Corto Maltese graphic novel.
The creator of Corto Maltese, Hugo Pratt, died twenty years ago. And his marine action adventurer died with him.
When his creation is being revived by Spanish creators Juan Díaz Canales and Ruben Pellejero.
The first new graphic novel, Under The Midnight Sun will be released on 30th September with a minimum print run of 300,000 from Casterman
The art is in keeping with Pratt’s famous linework, though Corto’s face is kept mysteriously in shadow. Le Figaro points out though that the familiar figure of the smoking hero will be difficult to run under modern French advertising laws….
All they know is that the comic book will take place in 1915, in the cold, and that it sees the young Corto Maltese with Rasputin in the far North…
- The Futures of Turtles, Ponies, Ghostbusters, and Kyle Baker’s Black Panther Debuts in IDW January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018