French newspaper Le Figaro has landed the cover of the new Corto Maltese graphic novel.
The creator of Corto Maltese, Hugo Pratt, died twenty years ago. And his marine action adventurer died with him.
When his creation is being revived by Spanish creators Juan Díaz Canales and Ruben Pellejero.
The first new graphic novel, Under The Midnight Sun will be released on 30th September with a minimum print run of 300,000 from Casterman
The art is in keeping with Pratt’s famous linework, though Corto’s face is kept mysteriously in shadow. Le Figaro points out though that the familiar figure of the smoking hero will be difficult to run under modern French advertising laws….
All they know is that the comic book will take place in 1915, in the cold, and that it sees the young Corto Maltese with Rasputin in the far North…
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018