French newspaper Le Figaro has landed the cover of the new Corto Maltese graphic novel.
The creator of Corto Maltese, Hugo Pratt, died twenty years ago. And his marine action adventurer died with him.
When his creation is being revived by Spanish creators Juan Díaz Canales and Ruben Pellejero.
The first new graphic novel, Under The Midnight Sun will be released on 30th September with a minimum print run of 300,000 from Casterman
The art is in keeping with Pratt’s famous linework, though Corto’s face is kept mysteriously in shadow. Le Figaro points out though that the familiar figure of the smoking hero will be difficult to run under modern French advertising laws….
All they know is that the comic book will take place in 1915, in the cold, and that it sees the young Corto Maltese with Rasputin in the far North…
- A G-Rated Deadpool… - August 18, 2018
- Unboxing Firefly’s May 2018 Loot Crate with Kaylee … in August - August 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis and John Byrne – All in Action Comics #1002 - August 18, 2018
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018