French newspaper Le Figaro has landed the cover of the new Corto Maltese graphic novel.
The creator of Corto Maltese, Hugo Pratt, died twenty years ago. And his marine action adventurer died with him.
When his creation is being revived by Spanish creators Juan Díaz Canales and Ruben Pellejero.
The first new graphic novel, Under The Midnight Sun will be released on 30th September with a minimum print run of 300,000 from Casterman
The art is in keeping with Pratt’s famous linework, though Corto’s face is kept mysteriously in shadow. Le Figaro points out though that the familiar figure of the smoking hero will be difficult to run under modern French advertising laws….
All they know is that the comic book will take place in 1915, in the cold, and that it sees the young Corto Maltese with Rasputin in the far North…
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018