Ted Adams, president of IDW is on the Board of Directors for Traveling Stories, a nonprofit organization that promotes literacy and education for children in impoverished areas, both domestically and internationally. Recently, Ted was able to use an IDW Humble Bundle to help raise money for the cause.
So when Traveling Stories launched a fundraising campaign on IndieGoGo, he was able to help out with the donor rewards too… such as rare Transformers covers, hardcover Teenage Mutant Ninha Turtles hardcovers tours of the IDW offices, lunch with the editor of the Transformers comic (already claimed) and, for $500, lunch with Ted Adams at San Diego, currently unclaimed.
I’ll break it down. Not only do you get lunch with Ted, but you get $500 of IDW merchandise, so you can even make your money back. But for anyone with a comics project that they’d like to pitch to Ted Adams, to get that opportunity to do so far from the madding crowd, to enjoy a decent lunch, and get $500 worth of stuff and know that your money is going to an extremely good cause… I can’t think of a better use of that $500 at SDCC, can you?
Let’s count the seconds how long it is until that lunch is claimed…
UPDATE: It took mere minutes before Landon Chase, a development associate at suicide awareness/prevention focussed Jordan Porco Foundation, grabbed the opportunity after reading Bleeding Cool.
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018