Ted Adams, president of IDW is on the Board of Directors for Traveling Stories, a nonprofit organization that promotes literacy and education for children in impoverished areas, both domestically and internationally. Recently, Ted was able to use an IDW Humble Bundle to help raise money for the cause.
So when Traveling Stories launched a fundraising campaign on IndieGoGo, he was able to help out with the donor rewards too… such as rare Transformers covers, hardcover Teenage Mutant Ninha Turtles hardcovers tours of the IDW offices, lunch with the editor of the Transformers comic (already claimed) and, for $500, lunch with Ted Adams at San Diego, currently unclaimed.
I’ll break it down. Not only do you get lunch with Ted, but you get $500 of IDW merchandise, so you can even make your money back. But for anyone with a comics project that they’d like to pitch to Ted Adams, to get that opportunity to do so far from the madding crowd, to enjoy a decent lunch, and get $500 worth of stuff and know that your money is going to an extremely good cause… I can’t think of a better use of that $500 at SDCC, can you?
Let’s count the seconds how long it is until that lunch is claimed…
UPDATE: It took mere minutes before Landon Chase, a development associate at suicide awareness/prevention focussed Jordan Porco Foundation, grabbed the opportunity after reading Bleeding Cool.
- NYCC Goss: Venom and Spider-Man Events for 2019 - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What Has Salvador Larroca Been Working on at Marvel? - October 23, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Pays Tribute to Archie’s Editor-In-Chief Victor Gorelick - October 23, 2018
- Max Bemis on Writing Moon Knight #200 and Taking a Break From Marvel - October 23, 2018
- Doctor Who and Assassin’s Creed With Titan at MCM London Comic Con - October 23, 2018