Today on ComiXology you’ll find a unique comic with quite a backstory to it. In fact, it has so much backstory that the comic contains plenty of meta-material to let you in on its secrets. The Roman Nose has been in development for well over a year, a collaboration between pop culture and professional photographer as well as comics writer Seth Kushner, and comic artist George Folz. You may well have come across these two names in different contexts fairly recently.
Kushner has just celebrated one year as a Leukemia survivor and has been making great headway in his writing career, having already successfully Kickstartered the comic anthology Schmuck shortly before he fell ill. George Folz has been a pleasure to watch on social media developing his skills as a comics storyteller, and received quite a media spotlight when he announced his “Darth Days” project, illustrating a comic panel from a scene in the Star Wars films every day until the arrival of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But together, Kushner and Folz have been quietly working on The Roman Nose, a madcap stylish adventure comic set in Rome, and are ready to release the first issue via ComiXology. For such an auspicious moment, it’s very satisfying to see a lovely Darwyn Cooke cover on the first issue.
Here’s that sterling cover:
The Roman Nose Issue #1 arrives today on ComiXology and you can find it here.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015