This will probably come as no surprise to anyone, but Netflix has gone ahead and ordered a second season of Marvel’s Daredevil to run in 2016. But there will be one major change. Prior commitments will keep Steven S. DeKnight from returning for season two, so the show will be run by Doug Petrie (American Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy) who worked on season one. They will also executive produce along with Drew Goddard and Jeph Loeb.
While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season,” DeKnight explains, “I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can’t wait to see what they do with the show moving forward.
Along with the second season, Netflix is also producing Marvel’s AKA Jessica Jones to be released later this year, Marvel’s Luke Cage to debut in 2016 as well as Marvel’s Iron Fist and Marvel’s Defenders as part of the original deal with Marvel Studios.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018