By Joseph Kyle Schmidt and Samuel Morse
The Bleed is a weekly podcast by Bleeding Cool contributors Joe Schmidt and Sam Morse. The podcast consists of the latest news in comics, creator interviews, and a weekly book club discussion.
Second episode in one week?! It’s like Christmas! (just ask our Boston listeners. /sickburn)
We are joined by Adam McGovern for this week’s show, and we are on the eve of the release of the first collection of his comic NIGHTWORLD! Written by McGovern, with art by creator of the concept Paolo Leandri and colors by Dom Regan, Nightworld Vol. 1: Midnight Sonata is a Kirby-esque romp through the afterlife with an interesting cast of characters.
Speaking of afterlives, we’re discussing Afterlife With Archie this week! The not-so-grim-and-gritty reboot of America’s Favorite Teen topped many ‘Best Of’ lists last year and it did so with good reason. Francesco Francavilla and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa‘s reimagining of Riverdale was one of the most refreshing comics of 2014.
Next week sees Donny Cates join the podcast. Cates is the immensely talented writer behind titles like BUZZKILL and THE GHOST FLEET from Dark Horse. He chose and oldie but still a goodie, in the form of I KILL GIANTS from Joe Kelly and J.M. Ken Niimura.
Purchase NIGHTWORLD from Image Comics
Purchase Afterlife with Archie from from Archie Comics
Theme Song: Slow Burn by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015