Topolino is the popular Disney comic magazine published in Italy by Panini, under license. The above cover was promoted as one of solidarity with the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists, following in the steps of the likes of Spirou Magazine. The cover was promoted on the publisher’s Facebook page. However, when the magazine hit the stands, it suddenly looked like this.
The official explanation is that the promoted cover was one of a number of possibilities for that issue, and in the end they went for one more consistent with the inside of that issue, highlighting Goofy.
However, that doesn’t explain how a number of early digital subscribers got copies sent to them with the original cover… and the editorial inside seems to still reference the original. Translated…
What magical power is contained in a pencil? That of transforming worlds, to give a smile to all children and those who, sometimes, want to relive those feelings that age. That’s what we at Topolino are here for every week, and the cover of this issue is here emphasizes that, with joy and hope.
Panini est un right charlie…
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017