Power Girl has had a problem. Cory Walker pointed out the problem, if applied to a ‘Power Man’.
Writers have had her make an excuse or give a reason for the costume choice over the years.
“shows what I am: female, healthy. If men want to degrade themselves by staring, that’s their problem, I’m not going to apologize for it.”
And as for not wearing a mask..
“…it’s because most of the time, they ain’t looking at my face.”
Originally a cousin of Superman, she defined herself as something else, rejecting attempts to align her to an S or even a P, especially not being a ‘Supergirl’….
But that was abandoned recently reinvented in the New 52.
But soon the “boob window” was back.
In New 52: Futures End we saw her destroy that costume.
Only for it to haunt her next choice.
And even see it reoccur in her successor on Earth One.
Though that was soon fixed.
But she has been back in the old costume again in World’s Finest, Earth 2 and Earth 2: Worlds End.
And Harley Quinn sent the whole thing up.
Well, in today’s Earth 2: World’s End, we get another solution. But one that seems to abandon her previous desires to be seen as something other than a “carbon copy” of Superman. In the aftermath of dealing with the death of the new Superman.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently running a discount store sale in their gallery…
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018
- Diamond Drops Prices of DC Comics Collections in the UK - March 17, 2018