Towards the end of 2014 Bleeding Cool debuted the first issue of the Devil’s Due title Tales of Mr. Rhee: “Karmageddon” by Dirk Manning (writer), Seth Damoose (illustrator), Anthony D. Lee (colorist), and James Reddington (letterer) in its entirety here.
With Tales of Mr. Rhee: “Karmageddon” Issue #3’s release taking place next Wednesday, January 14th (there’s only one more issue after this!), Manning decided to treat Bleeding Cool readers to the full second issue in its Cthulhu-centric goodness, saying:
We’ve received a lot of critical praise for the first two issues of Tales of Mr. Rhee: “Karmageddon,” but, as always, we’re looking to introduce the series to more readers seeking character-driven, action/horror comics.
In the first issue we caught up with Mr. Rhee following the cliffhanger ending of the first series, learning how, during the first day of the Armageddon, Mr. Rhee unexpectedly found himself taking care of five orphaned siblings. Not knowing where else to turn, Mr. Rhee makes the decision to bring them with him to his former teacher, a sorcerer who subjected a young Mr. Rhee to years of abuse before he finally ran away, never to return… until now.
In Issue #2, available in its entirety below, Mr. Rhee finds himself stranded in a large metropolitan city that is in the direct path of the rampaging Elder God Cthulhu, and things get even worse from there…
If you like what you read I encourage you to ask your comic shop to order you copies of all four issues. Or, failing that, consider pledging to get a copy of the Deluxe Hardcover collection of the series available exclusively through Kickstarter starting later this month…
Here’s our free issue of #2:
Tales of Mr. Rhee: “Karmageddon” #3 is currently listed in Previews with item code: SEP141234
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015