Totally missed this before. But so did other folk, it seems. In a CBR interview with Kelly Sue DeConnick, and confirmed in Warren Ellis‘ newsletter, Warren Ellis will be joining issues 12 and 13 of Captain Marvel as co-writer with DeConnick.
I also wanted to mention that I’m co-writing issues #12 and #13 with Warren Ellis. Warren and I had a really good time on “Avengers Assemble.” I always learn so much from him. He is amazing. Everyone should be reading “Trees.”
They should. One of our Comics Of The Year. Warren describes the story as,
a big space thing to put poor David Lopez through his artistic paces. It may contain a giant spacegoing water bear. There may be one or two awful jokes that Kel is working hard to remove right at this very moment.
Warren also talked about his new project with Tula Lotay, which may be more than just her way to get Warren to Thought Bubble this year.
It’s a very foresty, wildernessy kind of story. It was written specifically for Tula, and it gives me some pleasure to write her a story with three female leads, set in whatever bleak and blasted territory exists in the lands beyond Watford Gap, where she scratches an existence from the barren dirt with bits of deer horn. (These are English north/south jokes.)
Here are the solicitations for those two issues of Captain Marvel. Expect an appearance in Ch-Ch-Changes relatively soon…
CAPTAIN MARVEL #12
KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W)
DAVID LOPEZ (A/C)
• Captain Marvel’s time as an astronomical avenger has pitted her against some of the worst the galaxy has to offer (lookin’ at you J’Son).
• The Haffensye Consortium has been tracking Captain Marvel and Tic for weeks. Now, they’ve finally caught up to them both!
• Captain Marvel was barely able to survive the last time she squared-off against the Haffensye – think she’ll be so lucky again?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
CAPTAIN MARVEL #13
KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A/C)
WOMEN OF MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Look out, Mighty Marvelites! In this issue, Captain Marvel faces against space swashbucklers!
• Who would you put your bets on — Captain Marvel or a group of bloodthirsty Space Pirates?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018