Doing a little Amazon fishing does result in some expected results. Such as the Doctor Strange movie announcement necessitating a few new collections such as Doctor Strange: Don’t Pay the Ferryman, presumably collecting a run from his eighties series that includes issue 80 by Peter Gillis and Chris Warner.
But among the books is Damage Control: The Complete Collection which, presumably, will collect all the Damage Control mini-series over the years, the Dwayne McDuffie original mini-series and the subsequent revival.
The comic book focussed on the people who clean up after superhero battles in the Marvel universe. It was very very funny, but also had moments of pathos and, while silly in many places, helped provide a more cohesive superhero universe for the publisher.
But why? And why now? There are probably three explanations.
a) It’s really good and Marvel want to publish really good comic books. Do not discount the possibility.
b) They are launching a new Damage Control series and think this might bring an audience for the old, or that this relaunch might benefit from the promotion that this collection may bring.
c) Damage Control will appear in the Avengers: Age Of Ultron or Ant-Man movies, or in Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Agent Carter.
- Even More Comics Folk React to the Death of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Roy Thomas Says Stan Lee Was ‘Ready To Leave This Earth’ - November 12, 2018
- Everyone Reacts to the Death Of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Steve Geppi Displays the Original Captain America Designs, Mickey Mouse Storyboard and GI Joe Prototype at the Library Of Congress - November 12, 2018
- James Robinson Working on Mystery DC Comic – Could it Be Stargirl? - November 12, 2018