Jesse Harris, the writer of Norah Jones’ song Don’t Know Why, winning a Grammy for the effort, has a new album out in February, No Wrong No Right from Jesse Harris With Star Rover.
Included in the album is an instrumental based on the work of Japanese manga and anime creator and director Hayao Miyazaki.
“I got the flu really bad earlier this year, and I was pretty much laid up at home in this fevered state,” Jesse says. “Every night I watched a different Miyazaki film. One night, I was on the couch in this delirious state with my guitar, and I was playing this riff over and over again for an hour, and I turned it into an instrumental. In honor of my flu and all of his movies that I’d been watching, I named it ‘Miyazaki.’”
And you can hear it here first…
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017
- Was That A Doomsday Clock Reference In The Justice League Movie? - November 17, 2017
- After 42 Years, Seattle’s Zanadu Comics To Close In 2018 - November 17, 2017
- The Full Comic Creator Credits From The Justice League Movie - November 17, 2017
- SCOOP: C.B. Cebulski Is The New Editor-In-Chief Of Marvel Comics - November 17, 2017