Jesse Harris, the writer of Norah Jones’ song Don’t Know Why, winning a Grammy for the effort, has a new album out in February, No Wrong No Right from Jesse Harris With Star Rover.
Included in the album is an instrumental based on the work of Japanese manga and anime creator and director Hayao Miyazaki.
“I got the flu really bad earlier this year, and I was pretty much laid up at home in this fevered state,” Jesse says. “Every night I watched a different Miyazaki film. One night, I was on the couch in this delirious state with my guitar, and I was playing this riff over and over again for an hour, and I turned it into an instrumental. In honor of my flu and all of his movies that I’d been watching, I named it ‘Miyazaki.’”
And you can hear it here first…
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018