But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?
It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spend the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.
An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…
Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.
A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.
And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America.
So. Not the Wonder Woman we were expecting. But the period-set Captain America; The First Avenger didn’t do too badly, did it?
- Former IDW Executive Hires Attorney Lisa Bloom - August 13, 2018
- Mark Waid Gets a New Rap Song About Him, Courtesy of Nocando - August 13, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish the Art of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - August 13, 2018
- C.B. Cebulski Meets John Byrne – Discussing Marvel Comics Publishing X-Men: Elsewhen? - August 13, 2018
- One Hazardous Tale of a Kid Getting the Graphic Novel They Wanted - August 13, 2018